Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WOW, It's been awhile...


I didn't realize it's been 6 months since I last posted. Oooops! I didn't mean to have it be so long. A lot has happened in that time.

-We have a new Youth Minister
-The office staff (of which I'm part) has had almost a 100% turnover in the last 6-8 months
-My wife has completed her Doctorate
-My daughter has completed her Bachelors
-The church steeple was blown off in a severe storm (picture)
-I'm looking for a new Pastoral Mentor as mine was reassigned to Texas
-I'm about to restart my (suspended) Licensed Pastors process
-Our Senior Pastor was appointed the District Superintendent of the Norfolk District
-Our new Senior Pastor has stepped in and taken the reigns firmly and he appears to be a strong leader (something we've been missing for quite a long time)

And now we find ourselves in a bit of a dilemma. Looks like the church leadership is trying to dictate to the staff (and pastors) how things are going to be. It's not going to work, and the sooner that they all realize they aren't in control (God is) with the vision of the church the sooner we can all work together to reach the community for Christ. It's not going to be easy as there appears to be several individual agendas being promoted. Hopefully these can be expunged, and we can encourage the congregation to reach out beyond the walls of the building and bring people in.

Pray for us as we step out in faith. Heaven knows we need it...

Maranatha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home