Monday, June 15, 2009

Annual Conference Time!


Well, it's that time of year once more. The Virginia Annual Conference is meeting in Norfolk this week, matter of fact they started last night (Sunday). Things really get going today though, and the big debate and vote on the amendments that has the church in a bit of an uproar will happen tomorrow (Tuesday). From what I've been able to glean thus far the vast majority of the amendments are going down to defeat throughout the various Annual Conferences in the U.S.A., with only a couple actually having approved some of them. The month of June will help to "tell the tale" as there's something like 51 conferences meeting.

As I hear (and maybe see, I'm going to try and get down there for some of it) what's happening I'll try and post what progress is being made. But, to quote my Sr. Pastor, "like a turtle moves the church of God." Sometimes I feel that we as Methodists are closer to the tail of that turtle rather than the head.

Wasn't always that way...

Maranatha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home